CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Missing my Grandma....

Most of you probably don't know, but on Friday February 15th, my Grandma Patterson passed away. For the past week, I have felt like there is just something missing. There is an empty spot in my heart. I miss her so much! I know she's in a much better place now and she's not in anymore pain, but it's still hard coming to the realization that I can't go home and have a special talk with her anymore or listen to her tell me her crazy stories that I love so much!

My grandma and I had a special relationship.....we could talk about pretty much anything. She knew stuff that my parents don't even know! (mom & dad-don't even bother asking)


I do have wonderful memories of my grandma though. One thing I will always remember is this past Thanksgiving she was in the hospital in Rotan. I was about to head back to San Angelo and I made a stop to see her before I left. My parents kept telling me to leave early because the weather was supposed to get bad....but that didn't end up happening. As I was sitting with my grandma in her hospital bed we were just talking about all kinds of things. Then she told me I better get going before it gets real bad out. For some reason I just couldn't leave yet. Then she asked me what was wrong and I told her nothing of course, but all that was going through my head was-This might be the last time I get to see and talk to her. Of course, she knew I was lying when I said nothing was wrong and then I started tearing up and she asked me a couple of things and we started talking even more from there......I probably sat in my Grandma's room for 3 or 4 hours talking to her that day. It started to snow and when I say snow, I mean it was was coming down hard. So Gram and I sat in her room talking and watching the snow fall...it was beautiful!


Grandma, I miss you! I know you're up in Heaven and one day we will get to spend eternity together. One of the things I couldn't be happier about is you being reunited with Grandpa...I bet you're telling him all about us! Like those times I always told you, "I'm so ugly grama". You always told me how beautiful I was and you loved to show Meg and me off to everyone! You are the best Grandma! You're crazy talks were the best! You always made me laugh and smile with your great sense of humor and love. I know you and Grandpa are watching over Dad, Mom, Meg, and Me...and I hope you are a part of everything we do! I miss you and I love you Gram!

~Love,

Courts


Meg, Grandma, Me and Dad on Christmas

WE LOVE YOU GRAM!

1 comments:

Bethany Hernandez said...

i'm still praying for you and your family. i love you!